District Governor 2022-23
District Governor Kailash Jethani, with his friendly nature and warm disposition is one of the most popular Rotarians and one of the fastest growing Leaders of District 3142. He is known for his straight-forward approach and unique style of solving problems.
Well versed with Rotary knowledge and a multi-tasking person, he has been a key member in most of the recent
governors' core team. He is many a club president's preferred guide and support. Riding over his ever soaring popularity, he has covered the journey from a Club President to being a Governor in short span of only 8 yrs, making him the youngest Governor of Dist. 3142.
A Construction Technologist by training with diverse business interests, his classification in Rotary rolls is Real Estate Management and he is currently primarily involved in the Building &Developing business. Kailash was invited by his mentor & guide, PPSatish Mane in 2005 to join Rotary Club of Thane East, which he later led as a President in 2013. The club was adjudged as the Diamond Club.
He has held all key administrative positions since the bifurcation of Dist. 3140. InRY2016, i.e.. CharterYear of Dist. 3142, he was assigned the responsibility of Assistant Governor.He served the district as District Secretary Publications in 2018 and as the District Chief Coordinator in 2019, before being elected as the District Governor of District 3142 for 2022-23, in March 2020. Among his other key District Positions, Kailash has served thrice as District Rotaract Chair and was a top performing Avenue Chair -Youth Services for RI Dist. 3140 and was specially appreciated for his guidance in chartering 93 new youth clubs.
He had a key role in obtaining a Rs. 1.75 Crores CSR fund from ATOS , a large French IT Company, through RC Hiranandani Estate for Low Cost Housing Shelters to victims of Kerala Floods in 2018. And also introduced Rotary & its humanitarian activities to Birla Estates Pvt Ltd. which culminated in receiving a CER Fund of 5.80 Cr through RC Thane Midtown for Rotary’s HumanitarianActivities in Kalyan and vicinity. He was the founding member and Vice Chair of IFRM 3142 International Fellowship of Rotarian Musicians) and is also a Life member for IFCR3142 (International Fellowship of Cricketing Rotarians) Kailash is also an RLI Graduate and has been a faculty for Level 2 in 2017 &2018. He has helped charter 3 new Rotary Clubs one as a Sponsoring President of RC Boisar Industrial Town and two clubs as New Club Advisor for RC Thane Aces & Thane Imperial. He has been honoured with Honorary Membership because of his immense help and guidance. A staunch promoter of The Rotary Foundation, Kailash is a MAJOR DONOR, a PAUL HARRIS SOCIETY MEMBER (PHSM) & a BENEFACTOR. He was bestowed upon the prestigious Rotary Foundation's District ServiceAward thrice & Rotary International’s Avenues of Service citation. He also bagged the rare & prestigious Club Builder Award from RI in 2017. In 2017 he was a pride recipient of very prestigious “THANE GUNIJANAWARD” by the Thane Municipal Corporation for his Social Service.
Happily married to Darshna, who is also a Rotarian with the classification of Gifting & Wrapping. The couple is blessed with twin daughters, Raashi & Rhea. Both are former Rotaractors and have completed their Graduation in BMM & BFM respectively from Jai Hind College, Mumbai. In short a Rotarian who truly lives by the motto “Service above Self”.
BRIEF INTRO OF DG KAILASH JETHANI
• One of the most Popular Rotarians of District 3142
• Fastest Growing Leader in Rotary Dist. 3142, DG in 8 years after President ship
• YOUNGEST DG OF D-3142
• Straight forward and speaks his mind
• Construction Technologist by Training
• Currently in business of Building / Buying / Leasing Real Estate
• Classification - Real Estate Management
• Past Rotractor 1989-92 of Rotaract Club of Thane East
• Joined Rotary – 2005, Rotary President – 2013-14 of RC Thane East
• Asst. Governor in 2016-17, Dist. Secy in 2018-19, Dist. Chief Co-ordinator in 2019-20
• Thrice DRCC 2015-16, 2018-19, 2019-20
• Paul Harris Society Member, Benfactor, Major Donor to the Rotary Foundation
• Was bestowed Avenue of Service Citation 2016 & Club Builder Award 2017 from Rotary International
• Was awarded Rotary Foundation’s “District Service Award” Thrice
• Was honoured the prestigious civic Award from Thane Municipal Corporation, THANE GUNEEJAN (For social service done through Rotary)
• Married to Darshna who is also a Rotarian, and is involved in Gifting & Wrapping business
• They have twin daughters, Raashi & Rhea ,former Rotaractors
• Raashi, a Mass Media Graduate, who works for a renowned PR Firm
• Rhea, a Financial Markets Graduate, who is pursuing further studies for “CFA Level 2”